These cookies are the chocolate chip cookies’ alter ego. This White Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe blends two types of chocolate together for a great tasting cookie.
You can make this recipe as is, or you can add one cup of any or a combination of the following ingredients to the basic dough. Raisins, Dried Cherries or Cranberries, Chopped Nuts or Shredded Coconut.
Go to our Chocolate page to find our more about the different types available.
White Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 2/3 cups white chocolate chips
If you are going to bake two sheets of White Chocolate Chip cookies at a time, then arrange the racks in your oven to divide it into thirds. For baking with one sheet at a time, put one of the oven racks in the center of the oven.
- PREHEAT oven to 375°F.
- Combine Flour, Baking Soda, Cocoa and Salt in a small bowl.In a large bowl, cream together the Butter, Vanilla, White and Brown Sugars until smooth.
- Add Eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.Gradually beat in Flour mixture from step 3.
- Stir in white chocolate chips with a large spoon or rubber spatula.Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. If you are baking two sheets at a time, switch baking pans from top to bottom racks halfway through the cooking time. If you are baking with one sheet at a time then rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time. This will ensure that the cookies cook more evenly.
Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
See Also: Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
Return from Chocolate Macaroons to Chocolate Cookies
Return to Drop Cookies
Return to Cookie Recipes