Tomato soup recipe: You’ll love this Hearty Winter Tomato-Basil Soup!
This fabulous tomato soup recipe incorporates fresh tomatoes and fresh basil. Get ready to dazzle your taste buds! In this photo I used gorgeous heirloom tomatoes. Look at the exquisite colors:
You’ll see a lot of Tomato Basil Soup recipes which use canned tomatoes and dried basil. In my kitchen, it’s all about fresh foods! Why use a can when you can have the real thing?
Don’t miss my Summer Tomato Basil Soup recipe:
Tomato soup recipe:
You will need:
- 2 large or 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 handful of fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 large red potato, cubed
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or raw agave nectar
- 1 small onion
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 quart of vegetable stock (be sure to buy stock with only recognizeable ingredients – steer clear of any that have mystery ingredients like “spices” or “natural flavors” – this is often food industry code for sketchy chemicals and MSG)
- In a medium-sized pot, heat the onions in olive oil until soft.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Cover with a lid and simmer on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the basil and maple syrup or raw agave nectar.
It’s ready to eat!
NOTE: This soup will keep well in your refrigerator for at least a week. It also gets tastier over time as the basil absorbs into the broth. YUM!
This tomato basil soup recipe is wonderful served alongside one of these easy healthy recipes:
Avocado Tomato Sandwich:
Homemade Egg Salad:
My e masy soup recipes be made in a half hour or less using nutrient-rich, whole foods.
For the ultimate easy soup, try Silky Mango Soup. YUM!
If you like this tomato soup recipe, then you will LOVE these other easy healthy recipes! Click on the pictures below to link to my collection of easy soup recipes, salads, smoothies, snacks, and lunch ideas: all 100% healthy and 100% guilt-free!
All of my dessert recipes are 100% guilt-free and delicious, made from fresh, simple ingredients.
Like this Fat Free Banana Ice Cream:
And my Super Healthy Chocolate Mousse:
Healthy dinner recipes:
Healthy Salad Recipes:
Easy Soup recipes:
Healthy and simple dessert recipes:
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!