People are always interested in the presence of unique biscuits. The uniqueness itself must not only come from its form. The taste and the whole ingredients that are used to make the cookies will also affect its appetite as well. You can try thumbprint cookie recipes as an alternative. It contains so many types of cookies that are providing great taste, color, shape and even nutrition’s.
Thumbprint Cookie Recipes is Great Recipe for your Home Guests
You do not need to be confused in looking for this kind of cookies, the presence of Raspberry almond shortbread thumbprints can be the best option that you can take. So, if you ready with this 2 hour 40 minutes of cooking time, let’s begin.
How To make it:
- The initial activity that you should do is to combine the butter that has been softened. It will not feel or taste so good before you combine the stuff with enough amount of sugar.
- When these materials are mixed up pretty well, you can conclude to beat it with medium speed. It is good to make sure that you are scraping the bowl continuously.
- This process of thumbprint cookie recipes can give you very interesting results in making the stuff creamy. If you think that the amount of cream is enough, you can add some other materials such as flour. The process of preparation is finished after you put it in a refrigerator for 1-hour length.
- To create the awesome shape and appearance of the cookies, you have to boost your creativity in making it’s interesting. The basic steps can be done by placing the dough and put it for about 2 inches apart before you add it on the ungreased cookie sheets.
- To make it become perfect thumbprint cookie, you can put the mark in the center using your thumb. It is no matter when the edge of your thumbprint cookie recipes is cracked the little bit. When it is done carefully, all you need to do is to bake the cookie for about 18 minutes.
Cool it well before you want to taste it delicious taste.
Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies – Thumbprint Cookie Recipes
Soft Cookies on the inside but chewy near the edges. Not too sweet either with lemon zest to give them a kick of brightness.These are very easy to make and quick too. The recipe takes about 15 minutes to put together from begining to end.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose white flour
- 8 tablespoons corn syrup (or any other thick syrup such as brown rice or agave)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut oil (or vegan margarine) at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon water
How to make it:
- Before you get started, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 177 Celsius.
- First, we test our lemon. Zesting planes are prickly and sharp so be careful.Remove just the yellow part without getting too much of that bitter white pith.Then, get the zest from the inside, you can see not a lot got through.
- Now get the zest from the outside. Next, comes the syrup. I’m using golden syrup but you can also use corn syrup, brown rice syrup, or thick agave. It needs to be a thick consistency as this acts as a binder as well as a sweetener.To that, add the sugar and coconut oil. I’m using refined so I don’t get a coconutty taste. You can also use any vegan margarine you like instead. You just want it to be kinda soft like this at room temperature.
- Lastly, add the water and vanilla and go ahead and mix that with an electric mixer until it’s super smooth. You can do this by hand but it’s a lot more effort as the ingredients quite thick and we’re emulsifying oil and water too.
- Here I’m pulling the beaters up slowly away from the mixture while it’s still on so that most of the batter comes off; we’re going to need every bit of it.In a separate bowl combine the flour with baking soda and baking powder. Whisk that together so all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Now we can add our wet mixture to the dry. Just dump it into a puddle there. Make sure to scrape the bowl and try to get every little bit in there.Then we stir it all up. I like to mix the flour into the batter a little at a time until everything is incorporated.
- Eventually, you’ll get this crumbly kind of dough that sticks together when you squish it.
Now time to make the cookie balls.
Using a cookie dough scooper to make the balls just over a tablespoon in size and placing them evenly on our prepared baking tray.You may have to pack in the dough to make it stick and hold together.Now we’re going to make the thumbprints. Just press down in the center of a dough ball.This dough wants to break so you may want to press it together at the edges with your thumb and forefinger.
Fill the little indentations with your favorite strawberry jelly. Or you can use whatever jam you please. Try not to over fill them but it’s no huge deal if you do.When you’re done, pop those into your preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Don’t over bake them or else they will get hard instead of soft on the inside and chewy on the outside like we want.And that’s it! Delicious Strawberry thumbprint cookies without any eggs or dairy.
Try to let them cool before eating although I know it’s tough.
Return to Drop Cookies
Return to Shaped Cookies
Return to Cookie Recipes
100% Natural and Super Fresh Cookies: