Ground beef is one of the best ingredients for stew recipes because of its delightful flavor. Like any other ground beef recipes, the best way to extract the flavor from the beef is through a long, slow simmer. Aside from that, under low heat the muscle tissues break down evenly, tenderizing the beef. So, if you are planning to give your family a delightful dinner treat, make them delicious ground beef recipes!
Ground beef recipes, Stew delight!
Every ingredient in ground beef recipes needed to be fresh to attain flavorful results. Here’s the ingredient for the Best Beef Stew.
- 1 large onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 medium carrots (peeled, thinly sliced)
- 2 large potatoes (cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 1 1/2 cups rutabaga (peeled and sliced)
- 1 cup fresh green beans (bite-size pieces)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 3 cups beef stock (unsalted)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
Put everything in a slow cooker. Cover and cook low setting for 5 hours or until beef is tender. Stir the stew twice as it cooks. Once done, remove from the slow cooker and put it in bowl. About 30 minutes before serving, spoon the broth in a small mixing bowl. Add flour and tomato paste then whisk until blend evenly. Combine with the stew and cook for half an hour.
Ground beef recipes: Spanish beef stew
this ground beef recipes is inspired by Spanish cuisine. You’ll surely love the amazing flavor of the stew when serve hot. Here are the ingredients for this amazing Spanish treat!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 pieces bacon (chopped)
- 1 large onion (minced)
- 3 garlic cloves (smashed)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 pound red potatoes, halved)
- 16-ounce bag frozen chopped spinach (defrosted and squeezed dry)
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
How to cook:
- In a large pot heat the oil over high heat. Add 1/3 of the beef and brown. Put into a nice serving platter. Repeat procedure to the remaining meat.
- On a large pan, cook the bacon until slightly crisp. Discard fat and add the onion, garlic, nutmeg, ginger, clove and sugar.
- Cook while tossing occasionally. Add the wine and boil for 5 minutes. Add the stock and lower the heat to simmer. Return the ground beef, cover and simmer for an hour. Stir in the potatoes and again simmer for 30 minutes.
- Discard the potatoes. Stir in the spinach, currants, pine nuts, capers, parsley and vinegar. Cook until sauce is thick. Add salt and pepper to taste. Return the potatoes and cook for another minute. Taste and adjust seasoning as you desire.
Prepare great ground beef recipes and try including it in some dishes for a different variation.