Raspberry shortbread recipe in is very delicious with the grated and frozen dough as the top secret. The raspberry filling will gift you a great taste in this shortbread. To make this recipe, the total time is about 55 minutes. Keep in mind that you should manage your time by spending 15 minutes of preparing time and 40 minutes of cooking time. It works to make 12 to 16 servings.
- Butter at room temperature: 1lb
- Egg yolk: 4
- Granulated sugar: 2 cups
- All purpose flour: 4 cups
- Baking powder: 2 teaspoons
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Raspberry jam at room temperature: 1 cup
- Confectioners’ sugar: ½ cup
- Use a mixer with padded attachment to cream butter until fluffy and soft. Add egg yolk and mix well.
- Take a medium bowl to stir granulated sugar, baking powder, flour, and salt together. Add butter or egg yolk mixture and mix so everything is well-combined and you are going to make the dough.
- On a floured work surface, turn the dough out to form 2 balls. Use a plastic wrap to wrap each ball and freeze at least 2 hours but it is better for overnight or a month.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- From the freezer, remove 1 ball of dough and grate coarsely the frozen dough to the bottom of baking pan 9 by 13 inch or 10 inches of the tart pan but with removable bottom.
- The surface should be covered evenly by using shreds of dough and press down to compact it slightly. Use spatula or spoon to spread jam over the surface and it should be ½ inches of the edge around it.
- From the freezer, remove the remaining dough and grate coarsely over the entire of the surface. Bake for 40 minutes until light golden brown and use confectioners’ sugar to dust as soon as the shortbread is freshly out from the oven.
- Allow cooling on the wire rack and cu in the pan by using the serrated knife to serve raspberry shortbread recipe.
Return from Snickerdoodles to Shaped Cookies