Healthy and quick chicken recipes: Try my Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Salad!
Quick chicken recipes that are super healthy AND full of flavor? You’re in luck! This dish is all about fresh, delicious ingredients – that means nothing out of a box or can. I call it my Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Salad :
My boneless chicken recipes are all about the supporting players: what yummy ingredients you’re using to jazz up that chicken, which, on its own can be quite dull and same old, same old.
All of my quick chicken recipes are made from 100% fresh, unprocessed, super good for you, REAL FOODS!
Like these yummy recipes:
Quick chicken recipes: Cilantro Pesto Chicken:
Quick chicken recipes: Easy Chicken Salad:
Chicken salad recipes: How to make Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Salad:
You will need:
- 1 boneless chicken breast (pasture raised if you can get it)
- 1/2 head of lettuce (red leaf, green leaf or romaine)
- 5 stalks of scallion
- 1 large, soft, ripe tomato (diced)
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup of fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup of unsalted frozen peas
- 1 cup of sun dried tomato dressing
- 1 thick pat of unsalted, pasture raised butter* or 1 tbsp olive oil
Serves 1 large serving or 2 smaller servings (I personally eat the whole thing myself).
*Butter from clean, pasture raised sources is an incredibly nutrient dense food and a truly healthy fat. Heating oils renders them toxic and rancid – for this reason, I would recommend against cooking with any type of oil. Use unsalted butter instead! It tastes amazing and is much better for you.
Quick chicken recipes: Equipment:
You will need:
- 1 medium sized pot with lid
- 1 steamer basket
- 1 cutting board
- 1 chopping knife
Quick chicken recipes: Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 450
2) Chop lettuce and place it in a large bowl:
3) Add diced tomato:
4) Once oven is preheated, melt butter on medium heat in frying pan:
5) Coat both sides of the raw chicken breast in the butter, then place the entire pan in the oven. Leave chicken in oven until it reaches 160 degrees (this will be approximately 8 to 10 minutes).
6) Next, remove the pan from the oven and flip the chicken breast over, then put the pan back in the oven for another minute or two. The chicken will be done when it’s cooked all the way through (there will be no pink inside).
7) While chicken is cooking, steam sliced mushrooms using a steamer basket (steam them for at least 5 minutes). When you remove the chicken from the oven to flip it over, add (on top of the mushrooms) the cup of frozen unsalted peas (these only take about 3 minutes to steam).
8) Dice avocado and finely chop scallions.
10) Once veggies are steamed, place them, along with avocado and scallions, on top of the lettuce and tomato:
11) Once chicken is cooked, chop it into bite size pieces and place it on top of the salad:
12) Last, add 1 cup of my quick homemade sun dried tomato dressing:
This salad is so fresh and delicious. Who knew healthy food could taste this good?
Follow up that yummy chicken dinner with one of my quick, healthy, 100% guilt-free desserts!
Like this Healthy Chocolate Mousse:
Or some disgustingly good (and fat free!) Blueberry Ice Cream:
My super healthy, super easy recipes are only a click away. Check out my quick dinner ideas (incuding more quick easy chicken recipes), my soups, salads, healthy desserts, and yummy snacks: all 100% guilt-free!
Read Also Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe
Wanna leave a comment or share a recipe of your own?
I welcome your feedback, and I would love to check out your recipes! Leave comments using the form at the bottom of the page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!