It is simple to learn how to cook brown rice but before following any process you have to arrange following ingredients:
- Brown rice
- Necessary utensils
How to cook brown rice?
Following are some easy steps that will help you to learn how to cook brown rice:
- Take a pot or pan with the tightly fitted lid and add 1 ½ cups of water in it. Pour 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil and a teaspoon of salt according to your preferences.
- Light on the stove and keep this on the stove and add 1 cup of brown rice in the boiling water and stir it properly. Place the lid on the top of the pot.
- Turn down the heat of the stove to low and let the rice to cook for at least 50 minutes while covering the pot with the lid.
- After 50 minutes, remove the lid and test the rice with the spoon. If you get soft rice with no water then your rice is done otherwise let the pot on the stove and cover it with lid again for at least 10 minutes.
- Use the fork to fluff the rice and serve as main or side dish as per your desire.
Brown Rice in Cooker
- Take 1 ½ cup of water and 1 cup of brown rice and put them in pot available with cooker.
- Close the lid and turn on the cooker and do not worry as you will get the light alert after rice is done.
- Do not forget to use the fork to fluff the rice before serving to guests or family members.
See Also Dirty Rice Recipe With Ground Beef