Healthy dinner recipes: How about some healthy comfort food?
My healthy dinner recipes have got all the bases covered: they’re super good for you, easy to make, AND they’re delicious! Try my Steamed Potatoes with Veggies for an easy and nutritious vegetarian dinner.
When I say healthy, I mean business! I’m not messing around here, folks.
Healthy eating is my life – it’s brought me so much joy, and I want to share that joy with you through my healthy easy recipes.
My quick easy dinner recipes use only simple, fresh, tasty ingredients. Trust me, healthy eating has never tasted so good!
Like my Cilantro Pesto Chicken:
And my Yummy Yam Salad:
Healthy dinner recipes: Steamed Potatoes with Veggies:
You will need:
- 8-10 fingerling potatoes or 1 large red potato, cut into bite-size chunks (leave the skin on – the skin is the most nutritious part!)
- 1 avocado, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 ear of corn, shaved (did you know you can eat raw corn? It’s true! It’s quite tasty, in fact, and retains nutrients that you would otherwise lose through cooking).
- 2 soft medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium sized pot with lid
- 1 steamer basket
- 1 cutting board
- 1 chopping knife
1) Steam the potatoes until soft (takes about 10 to 12 minutes). I use a conventional steamer basket:
2) While the potatoes are steaming, chop your veggies and put them in a large bowl. You can also add some mesclun greens (this is optional).
3) When potatoes are finished steaming, add them to the bowl with your veggies:
It’s ready to eat immediately. Serves 1.
Healthy potato recipes, like this one, are perfect when you’re in the mood for some filling, satisfying comfort food. You’ll be amazed at how a few simple ingredients can make such a great dinner!
TIP: Try pouring this tasty and fat-free Sun Dried Tomato Sauce over the potatoes to make it even better:
Did you know you can enjoy delicious, guilt free desserts while losing weight? It’s true!
You’ll love my Healthy Chocolate Mousse:
And my Fat Free Mango Ice Cream:
See Also: Quick and Healthy Dinner Recipes
Healthy recipes for weight loss are my thing, so be sure to check out the rest of my site! Click on the pictures below to link to more easy healthy meals, including fruit smoothies, dinner recipes, easy soup recipes, lunch ideas, salads and healthy desserts: all 100% guilt-free!
Healthy and simple dessert recipes:
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!