Healthy fruit smoothie recipes: super luscious, super simple!
Learning how to blend up some quick and easy fruit smoothie recipeswas my first order of business when I decided to get serious about getting healthy.
As far as simple healthy recipes go, nothing beats a homemade fruit smoothie for ease of preparation and general deliciousness!
Keep reading to find out some of my tried and true, smoothie-making secrets…
100% Natural and Super Healthy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
- Best Smoothie Cups for Traveling to Keep You Hydrated
- How to Make Smoothie Recipes for Your Kids Will Love
- Blackberry Smoothie Recipes and Nutrition
- Healthy Homemade Broccoli & Spinach Smoothie with Apple
- 7 Easy Homemade Low-Carb Smoothie Recipes for Diet
- Super Delicious Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Calories in Grapes: The Serving Size, Variety, Benefits, and Recipes
- Spinach Apple Banana Smoothie Recipe for Diet Program
- Benefits of Soy Milk, Smoothie Ingredients to make Healthy Desserts!
- Easy Fat Burning Papaya and Banana Smoothie
- Spinach and Green Tea Smoothie for Weight Loss
- Banana Health Facts And Are Bananas Fattening?
- Healthy Broccoli Smoothie
- Fresh Kiwi Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- 6 Simple Steps to make a smoothie
- How To Make Healthy Smoothies For Your Kids,Easy Smoothie Recipes
- Some Great Blender Recipes for Weight Loss
- Top Five Super Smoothies for Weight Loss
- How to Make Easy Spinach Smoothie Recipe – Spinach Recipes
- Smoothies for Weight Loss
- The Secret to Creamy, Dairy Free Fruit Smoothies
- A Healthy Start To The Day
- Afternoon Snack
- Tasty Options
- Customize For Your Individual Tastes
- 10 Popular Smoothie Combinations
- Are Smoothies Made With Fruit Good For You?
- Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- FRESH FRUIT SHAKE FORMULA FOR A HEALTHY BREAKFAST
- THE TOP 5 BEST FRESH FRUIT SHAKE RECIPES
- Fruit Shake Dishes Help Fight Childhood Obesity
- How to make Raspberry Smoothie, Recipes and Nutrition
- Secrets of the Fat Burning Smoothie
- How to Make a Vegetable Smoothies – Veggie Smoothie Recipe
- How to Prepare Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- Healthy and Delicious Green Smoothie Recipes
- Have Healthy Smoothies to Fight Diseases
- Say No to Oily Food and Sustain on a Smoothie Diet
- strawberry banana smoothie (with no milk or yogurt)
- Antioxidant Acai Cacao Smoothie
- Chocolate Almond Butter Smoothie Recipe
- Chocolate Strawberry Spirulina Smoothie
- Fruit Smoothie Basic – How to Make You Own Healthy Bend
- How To Make A Smoothie – The Ultimate Guide
- Blueberry Chocolate Smoothie
- Pineapple Mango Smoothie
- A Brief History Of Smoothies – Everything You Need To Know!
- The Perfect Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
- Greek Yogurt Smoothies
- Easy smoothie recipes – Banana Date Smoothie Recipe
- How to Make Orange Smoothies – Easy Smoothie Recipes
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie Recipe
- How to make Simple and Easy Healthy Mango Smoothie
- How to make a Coconut Smoothie
- How to Make a Durian Smoothies – Delicious Durian Smoothie Recipe
- Strawberry Smoothie Tips
- How to make Healthy Peach Smoothie – Healthy Recipe
- How to Make a Watermelon Smoothie Easy
- How to Make a Fabulous Frozen Fruit Smoothie
- Strawberry kiwi smoothie recipe
- How to Make a Smoothie with Frozen Fruit
- Your guide to smoothie recipes for weight loss
- Your guide to strawberry and banana recipe
- Choosing the Effective Green Smoothie Recipes for Weight Loss
You Will Love This Smoothie Recipes Without Yogurt
Banana Date Smoothie
Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie
Cantaloupe Blueberry Banana Smoothie
Orange Pineapple Persimmon Smoothie
Pineapple Strawberry Smoothie
Banana Power Breakfast Smoothie
Banana Almond Smoothie
Papaya Cherry Orange Smoothie
Cherry Chunk Smoothie
Simple Banana Smoothie
Strawberry Mango Surprise Smoothie
Sweet Grapefruit & Mango Smoothie
Chocolate Almond Smoothie
Tropical Mango Smoothie
Chocolate Cashew Coconut Smoothie
What’s so great about my fruit smoothie recipes, anyway?
Well, for starters, they’re a nifty way to make sure you’re ingesting plenty of fresh fruit on a day-to-day basis. For example, check out my favorite strawberry smoothie recipe. I have this for breakfast on many days when I wake up hungry and in a rush:
You May Read How to make a fruit Smoothie Basic
Trust me, there is no need to rely on pastries, yogurt or packaged cereal ever again!
In five minutes flat, you can have a delicious and filling breakfast.
For more healthy breakfast recipes
Moms! Pay attention!
Another advantage to incorporating fruit smoothie recipes into your life is that kids LOVE them! If you have children, before they head out to school in the morning, whip up one of my fruit smoothie recipes and watch them gulp it down! Knowing your children had something so healthy and simple for breakfast is the best feeling. I promise you they will be asking for them every morning.
Get your kids involved in selecting which fruits are going to be in their smoothie that day. Always have a selection of ripe, raw fruit available for this purpose. Remember, your kids take their cues from YOU, and if you let them know how fun and tasty healthy eating can be, they’ll be fascinated.
My simple ingredients for fruit smoothie recipes:
Okay, first things first: ingredients. I’m going to teach you here, on this page, practically everything I know about making these mouth-watering health drinks. This is so easy you’ll be pinching yourself!
Let me dispell the myth, right here and now, that smoothie recipes require anything more than just plain, ripe, raw fruit.THEY DON’T!!!
As a smoothie master, nothing drives me more bonkers than walking into a health store or juice bar where fruit smoothies are advertised, and reading the ingredient list, only to realize these supposed health drinks contain completely unnecessary things like soy milk, sorbet, ice cream, rice milk, powders or pasteurized yogurt. If you see any of these things included in a fruit smoothie, run the other way! It’s not something you want to put in your body.
My secret ingredient for fruit smoothie recipes: frozen bananas!
Freeze your own bananas overnight. Get used to always having a rotation of a few peeled, frozen bananas in your freezer to add to these simple healthy recipes. I just pop them into a tupperware bowl before I head off to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning, voila!
Frozen bananas add a thick, creamy consistency to your fruit smoothie recipes.
Thanks to them, you will never need to use soy milk, sorbet, ice cream, rice milk or yogurt. In fact, fruit should not be combined (ever) with any of these items, as doing so will interfere with digestion and leave you gassy. Don’t ask me how I know this! 😉
If you’re not a banana fan, I have several really delicious fruit smoothie recipes below in my gallery that are completely banana-free. Actually, some of my personal favorite healthy smoothie recipes do not use banana!
Do you know a ripe banana from an unripe banana?
This is an UNRIPE BANANA:
Now, this sweet delicious beauty is a RIPE BANANA, and is what you want yours to look like before you ever eat it:
For years, I did not know this! The key secret to look for are the brownspots. Eating fruit only when it’s ripe is super important for us healthy eaters because only then are the flavors and the vitamins “unlocked.”Remember: eating unripe fruit = indigestion + gas + bland flavor!
Unripe bananas taste and smell starchy, have little flavor and are hard to peel. Ripe bananas smell and taste sweet and they peel easily.
What’s my winning combination for fruit smoothie recipes?
To make any of my healthy smoothie recipes, you will combine ripe, room-temperature fruit with a small amount of frozen fruit. You don’t even need to add water!
Always make sure your fruit is ripe!
The quickest way to prevent your fruit from ever ripening is to put it in the refrigerator.
The only fruits that should ever be placed in the refrigerator are berries, or leftovers after you’ve sliced open melons or pineapple. That’s it.
Everything else should be left on your counter or in your pantry to ripen. Trust me on this: you’re going to unlock a world of flavor when you let your fruit ripen to its peak. I’m making myself hungry just writing about it!
Here’s the thing: using properly ripened fruit, which is so full of flavor, is how you avoid adding unnecessary ingredients like soy milk, sorbet, ice cream, rice milk or yogurt. When you add those things, the smoothie stops being a health drink and becomes instead a desserty treat. If we wanted dessert, we’d just have chocolate cake, right?
Do you have a good blender?
Let me tell you, when I started down this healthy eating road, I went through a TON of cheap blenders. I literally wasted hundreds of dollars. You don’t have to do this!
If you’re serious about creating a new healthy you, then be smarter than I was and invest now in a real blender. Eating healthy means eating at home, and making your own healthy recipes, including fruit smoothie recipes, sauces, dressings, and condiments. Cheap blenders will die on you so fast because they’re not up to the job!
If you want fruit smoothies with the consistency of whipped air, then I cannot more highly recommend the Vita-mix blender. It’s an investment of money, but I can honestly say it’s worth every penny. Finally giving up those cheap blenders and getting a Vita-mix professional blender was, for me, like getting out of a twenty year old pickup truck and sliding behind the wheel of a BMW! One of the best decisions I’ve ever made.
Don’t miss the link to my gallery of healthy dessert recipes below!
In my house, you CAN enjoy dessert for breakfast! That’s because my dessert recipes are 100% healthy and 100% guilt free!
Healthy and Guilt Free Desserts:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!