Chicken-based cooking never gets boring especially when it comes to tasty fried chicken wings. It’s savory, light and goes perfect with beer. If you are tired of buying outside, why don’t try this fried lemon pepper chicken wings recipe at your home? Your satisfaction is guaranteed.
Fried Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
Making fried lemon pepper chicken wings is very easy. This time we will share a fried lemon pepper chicken wings recipe. Take note that this is a recipe to make 12 pieces of chicken wing. If you want to make less or more, you can adjust the amount of the ingredients as your likings.
Before doing anything, you need to prepare the ingredients, which are:
- 12 chicken wings,
- lemon pepper seasoning, either homemade or your favorite brand,
- 1 tablespoon;
- cooking oil;
- extra-virgin olive oil.
The tools needed are a deep-fryer or large saucepan, one empty bowl, a timer, and a food thermometer.
How to make it :
- Put in oil in the amount you think is enough to fry the chicken wing in the saucepan or a deep-fryer, and heat it until 190 degrees C.
- While you wait for the oil to heat, take out the empty bowl to prepare the seasoning. Put in enough amounts of olive oil and lemon pepper seasoning to coat the chicken wings later. Mix them well.
- After the oil in the saucepan is hot enough, put in the chicken wings and fry them. Set the timer to 8 minutes.
- When the timer rings your chicken wing should look brown and juicy. If not, fry a little longer. After that take out the chicken wings and measure the temperature using the food thermometer. The temperature should be around 74 degrees C.
- If you are sure your chicken wings are fried enough, dip them one by one in the prepared lemon pepper seasoning. You can leave them in the seasoning for a while to ensure that they are coated evenly and absorb some of the seasoning for them to taste better.
An optional step, take out the chicken wings and arrange them on a platter. You can add extras like French fries or salads. Your delicious fried lemon pepper chicken wings are ready to serve!
Fried Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe with Dipping Sauce
For the ingredients, you need :
- 36 chicken drumettes
- 2 lemons (juiced)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups yellow mustard
- 1 lemon (zested and also juiced)
- 2 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley leaves
- lemon aioli dipping sauce
- lemon pepper seasoning
- salt, seasoning salt
- ground black pepper
- 1 jar of mayonnaise and canola oil.
How to make it :
- First ,fill a heavy-bottomed pan with canola oil for frying and preheat to 350°F. Season the chicken drumettes with salt, seasoning salt and ground pepper. Taste the salty to your liking.
- Second, sprinkle fresh parsley on the chicken. Then, add yellow mustard to coat chicken completely.
- Third, toss chickens in flour until they are covered completely. Fry the chicken in the hot canola oil for about 10 minutes until golden brown. Put them aside and cool. Furthermore, in a separate bowl, add lemon juice in a large bowl. Add the chicken into the bowl with lemon juice in it. Toss them together and sprinkle them with the lemon pepper seasoning.
- As addition, making the dipping sauce is very easy. First, mix together the lemon zest, lemon juice and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Then, season it with pepper and salt according to your liking.
Put it in the refrigerator and simply get it out when you want to use it. Once both the chicken wings and dipping sauce are ready, prepare medium or large plate. Place the chicken on the plate and serve it with the sauce which is put into a small bowl. What’s about the taste? Fantastic!
Read Also Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe