How to Make Healthy Guacamole Recipe
For some people, guacamole recipes may sound unfamiliar. However, for foodies, it may be one of the favorite menus. Guacamole is a Mexican food made of avocado as the basic materials. Normally, this menu is presented alongside the other Mexican cuisine.
Guacamole is very easy to make but it is very delicious and also healthy. Guacamole is fantastic with many other Mexican recipes, dip made from Avocados it’s simple but delicious so if you would like to learn how to make it then lets get started.
This time, we will discuss about the practical and simple guacamole recipe, and of course you can try it at home. The first thing to prepare is the basic ingredients.
- Prepare 2 ripe avocados (peeled and seeded)
- ½ lemon juice, chopped leek
- 1 diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1-2 chili
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- tortilla chips
- salt and pepper.
How to make it :
Next, let’s move into the steps of making.
- First, put the avocado in a bowl then pour the lime juice and mash it with a fork. If it is already smooth, add the onion, leek, parsley, mint, chili and fish sauce then mix them well.
- Furthermore, add salt and pepper according to your tastes. To give a fresh flavor, you can add lime juice. The sour taste sensation will provide a unique flavor to increase your appetite.
- Finally, add the tortilla chips on top of your guacamole that is ready to be served. For your information, the secret delight of this menu is the selection of avocado. The chefs usually use Hass avocado which is known as the most delicious and creamy avocado.
- Next, make sure you use a ripe avocado by squeezing it gently. The ripe one will feel a little mushy. You can also test the ripeness by shaking the avocado. If it reads (for seeds apart from the flesh), it means that you get the ripe one.
Simple and Easy Guacamole Recipe TIPS
- For this recipe we use two avocados. You want to make sure your using good quality ripe avocados before making this. You don’t want them to be hard or else they just won’t mash and will have quite a bitter taste to them but also you don’t want them to be too ripe that they’ve browned.
- Just place pressure on the outside of the avocado and if it gives a little it’s ripe, if not leave it for a couple of days to ripen.
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the stone by striking it with a knife and turning, be careful not to cut yourself here, or a spoon works also. Scoop all of the flesh from the avocados with a spoon and place into a mixing bowl.
- To the avocados we’re going to add some lime juice. we prefer lime in this recipe butif you have lemon on hand it works also. The lime helps to balance out the richness of the avocado by adding some acidity to cut through.
- A tip before juicing any type of citrus, roll it on the chopping board first that way you get a whole lot more juice out. Slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice out into the bowl with the avocados.
- Add a pinch of both salt and pepper to season. Don’t be shy on the salt avocados need quite
a lot, but you can always add more later on.
- Start to mash the avocados. I find a potato masher works easier but you can also use a fork. Depending on how smooth or chunky you like you guacamole depends on how much you should mash it. I prefer mine quite smooth and creamy so I’m mashing it quite a bit. You can also add diced avocado to the guacamole with the remaining ingredients.
- For a basic guacamole that still tastes great you can leave it like this, but there are many other ingredients you can add to it. Most popular is onions, tomatoes, jalapeños,and coriander or cilantro but you can also add mango, pineapple, garlic and many other ingredients. For this recipe we are using red onions, tomato, and coriander or cilantro.
- Cut the ends off the onion and cut it in half, we only need to use about a quatre of it. Onion can be quite bitter so make sure to dice it quite finely. we are using red onion because it usually works better raw than brown onions do. It has a milder flavour and also it adds some colour to the guacamole. Add the diced onion to the mashed avocados.
- Cut a ripe tomato in half and use a knife or your hands to remove the seeds so only the flesh of the tomato is left. By removing the seeds most of the liquid is removed that way the guacamole isn’t watered down. Dice the tomato up and add to the bowl.
- Even if your not a fan of the flavour, coriander or cilantro is pretty key in guacamole. Run a sharp knife through it to slice it up quite fine. Add it to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Use a spoon to mix everything together, if you did want a chunkier guacamole now is also a good time to add the diced avocado.
- Once everything is evenly combined spoon the guacamole into a bowl and serve with tortilla
chips. Guacamole is also great with many Mexican dishes or it simply goes great on toast.
Simple Homemade Guacamole Recipe
For this recipe, you need to prepare :
- 2 avocados, 1 onion (chopped it finely)
- 1 clove garlic (mince it)
- 1 ripe tomato (chop it)
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- a pinch of salt and pepper.
After preparing all the ingredients, now you can peel and mash the avocados until it smooth. Put it on a medium size bowl. Then, stir it in the other ingredients and add lime juice, salt or pepper in case you need it. Cover it with aluminum foil to keep it moist. Finally, put it on the fridge for an hour in order to have a tastier result.
Now, you can try the simple recipe above at home. For the dose of lime, salt and pepper, it can be customized to your taste.
If you like Guacamole Recipes, you will LOVE Mango Salsa ! Click on any picture below to link to my collection of fruit smoothie recipes and sugar-free, homemade healthy desserts!
100% Natural and Super Healthy Smoothie Recipes: