Easy Ground Beef Recipes, Healthy Dinner Ideas With Ground Beef
For a Safe Consumption of Your Ground Beef
- Do not consume raw ground beef (meat).
- Keep refrigerated at 40º F (4º C) or less
- Freeze at 0º F (-18º C) or less.
- Defrost in the refrigerator or in the microwave.
- Avoid contact with raw meat with cooked meat and ready-to-eat.
- Wash hands, utensils and all surfaces.
- Cook till no more pinkish coloring. Cook at 170º F (77º C).
- Cool leftovers in less than 2 hours.
What Kind of Ground Beef Is Better?
Ground beef, beef mince, minced meat, hamburger, common names for that type of ground meat, is meat finely chopped by a meat grinder (also called miner) or a chopping knife. The first action to obtain that tenderness that we like so much.
You can normally find at your supermarket or at your butcher shop, lean ground beef, mid-lean ground beef and regular ground beef. Many times or if your ask your butcher you can also find extra-lean ground beef. Let’s be honest, the price affects our decision when choosing ground beef quality.
Most recipes prime it is better to use mid-lean ground beef. And I agree with that! Regular ground beef makes too much fat for cooking, whereas lean ground beef dishes lack tenderness…for lack of fat.
Lean and extra-lean ground beef is mostly used for Tartare Steak and special diets. My recipes are mostly prepared with mid-lean ground beef that offers the best value.
Don’t Get Fooled by your Butcher!
Mid-lean ground beef should look more red than white, more meat than fat. If you compare, from the meat counter, a package of mid-lean ground beef with a package of regular ground beef and they look closely the same, you are being fooled by your butcher. You should buy your mid-lean ground beef at the butcher counter or buy the less expensive one in the counter for equal appearance.
Regular ground beef is often offered on special at an attractive price. Be careful! A regular ground beef package, at your supermarket, should look white & red in general; an equal amount of meat and fat. If it looks more white than red, try to avoid that kind of ground beef quality. Your recipe will be way too fat and it is not very good for your health. If it remains a question of budget, regular ground beef is still a good source of proteins.
Butcher shops usually offer better service when buying your ground beef but expect to pay a little bit more for your meat since they don’t have the same volume of sales compare to your supermarket. It is now a question of budget. You will probably pay more at a butcher shop but you will have a fresher meat and a better quality. Watch for interesting specials!
Don’t get me wrong! I do buy regular ground beef when it looks the proper quality. I use regular ground beef and mid-lean ground beef in my spaghetti sauce. It gives the sauce more taste, that inevitable good taste of fat. When I do so, though, I drain the meat in a meat strainer at the beginning of the process.
A little bit of less fat here and a little bit of less fat there make a big difference in the long run!
Enjoy the recipes!
what to make for dinner with ground beef?
- Bacon Meatballs
- Cheese Meatballs
- Fast And Easy Meatloaf
- Fresh Herbs And Pesto Hamburger Steak
- Goat Cheese Burger With Hot Mayonnaise
- Ground Beef In Marguerite
- Ground Beef Upside-Down Cake
- Hamburger Delight
- Hawaiian Meatballs
- Meatballs In Sauce Quickly Done
- Old-Fashioned Meatloaf
- Onion Hamburger
- Spinach Pie With Ground Beef
- Stuffed Bell Peppers – Ground Beef
- Vegetable Hamburger
A little taste of «Canadian Bacon» for your meatballs.
If you consider that bacon is too fat for you recipe, use capicola or smoke ham rolled around your meatballs in slices. Also, reduce the salt in the recipe if you are using a commercial broth instead of homemade broth for your recipe.
You may also make another variance to your recipe but use vegetable or tomato juice instead of a broth (once again be aware of too much salt in your juice).
- 1/2 Pound Mid-Lean Ground Beef
- 1/2 Cup Oatmeal
- 1 Chopped Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/4 Teaspoon
- Mustard Powder
- 6 Slices Bacon (1/2 slice per meatball)
- 1 Tablespoon Butter (Olive or Vegetable Oil)
- 1 Cup Chicken or Beef Broth OR Tomato or Vegetable Juice
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Mix the onion, the ground beef, the oatmeal, the mustard powder and salt (?) and pepper. Prepare (shape) into medium 12 meatballs.
- Wrap every meatball with half a slice of bacon (capitol or smoked ham) and attach with a toothpick (remove the excess toothpick).
- In a pan, melt the butter (oil) and brown the meatballs.
- Degrease, the pan; pour the chicken/beef broth OR tomato/vegetable juice.
- In an ovenproof dish, pour the mix and bake for 45 minutes.
- Add liquid if necessary during cooking.
Use your favorite cheese to make this recipe. Think about Swiss, Mozzarella, Brick, Cheddar, Emmental, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Combine the onion with the ground beef; season to taste and prepare (shape) 12 meatballs with the ground beef.
- In the center of each meatball, insert one cube of cheese and roll the meatball in the uncooked rice.
- In an ovenproof dish, place the meatballs and pour the tomato soup on the meatballs.Add 5 oz of tomato juice to the mix.Cover with the remaining rice.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Add the remaining tomato juice if necessary.
This fast and easy dinner recipe with ground beef contains common ingredients in every household. A quick way to spice out your ground beef with this delicious meatloaf. Ideal for the «busy parent», «last minute people» and «college students».
- Preheat the oven to 375º F (190º C).
- In a big bowl, combine the milk and the bread; let it rest for 5 minutes.Then incorporate all the remaining ingredients and mix. The best way to mix it, once again, is with your hands (wash and rinsed your hands before and after).
- Pour into a shallow square or round ovenproof dish, incise the surface in 8 portions.Your recipe should look «flat» in your dish; it is not baked like a loaf.
- Bake 1 hour in the oven.
- Serve with your favorite vegetables or else.
- For the patties.In a bowl mix the ground beef, the pesto, the garlic and the fresh herbs (parsley & rosemary). Prepare 4 patties.
- To caramelize the onions, In a pan heat, at a medium temperature, the butter, and the olive oil; cook the onions, the French shallot. Add the sugar and the balsamic vinegar and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the rosemary and season.
- In another pan, cook at a medium-high temperature the ground beef patties.
A fancy Hamburger is always appreciated and provide new flavors for your ground beef. If you don’t want to spice up your meat, spice up your ingredients; like a ciabatta with a fancy hot mustard and some good goat cheese. OMG!
- Prepare 4 patties the size of your ciabatta bread; season.
- In a bowl, mix the mayonnaise, the mustard, and the horseradish. set aside.
- Cook your patties on the barbecue or on the stove at the medium-high temperature to the proper firing.
- Cover each patty with a slice of goat cheese; keep cooking till the cheese starts to melt.
- Slice each ciabatta in two and heat a few seconds on the grill or in a frying pan. Spread with the hot mustard
- Add the patty and garnish with onion, chive, and lettuce. OMG!
Prep time 20m
Cook Time 25m
People will talk about that intriguing and delicious «Ground Beef in Marguerite» dinner recipe. However, this dish is so simple, easy and fast to prepare both by its ingredients and its method of preparation.
- Preheat the oven to 400º F (205º C).
- Ground Beef Mix, Heat the oil in a pan; drizzle the onion and the ground beef; remove the excess fat with a meat strainer.
- Add the ketchup, the garlic salt, the pepper and the mushroom cream; let the mix cool down.
- Dough Mix In a big bowl mix all the ingredients for the dough, as simple as that, knead the dough.If you don’t have a dough kneader use a big fork.
- Roll the dough into a square shape 12 x 12 inches.If you don’t have a rolling pin use a perfectly round bottle (wine bottle or beer bottle).
- Spread the meat mix on the dough then roll the dough firmly. This is what we call the Marguerite technic. Press to seal perfectly.Cut in 8 slices of 1½ inch each (8 x 1½ = 12 inches).
- In a shallow ovenproof greased dish, a round or square pan lay down all slices.
- Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot with your favorite gravy sauce or mushroom sauce.
You are going to surprise many people, even yourself, with that creative recipe. It is easy and fun to make!
You can use any kind of your favorite tomato sauce, but don’t use a tomato sauce too liquid or without flavor. If you are using a canned tomato soup, go easy on the salt.
- Preheat the oven to 450º F (230º C).
- Ground Beef MixMelt the butter in a skillet; drizzle the onion; add your ground beef; cook for a few minutes.
- Add the canned tomato soup (or your favorite tomato sauce); heat to boiling and let the mix simmer for 10 minutes.Remove from heat and set aside.
- Dough MixIn a big bowl mix all the ingredients for the dough (the best instrument is a fork).Start with the dry ingredients; mix with the fork; add the butter and milk and mix again till you get a homogeneous mixture.Spread or roll the dough the same size of the dish you are going to use to «bake your cake» in the oven.
- Don’t forget this is a Ground Beef Upside-Down Cake. Now, here is the trick!Pour the ground beef mix at the bottom of a shallow ovenproof dish (round or square pie or cake pan will also work).Now cover the mix with the dough.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.Finally, overturn or reverse your cake on a platter and serve.
- In a big bowl mix the ground beef, the egg, the fresh parsley, the salt & pepper, the onion and the cheese. Prepare 4 patties.
- Sear over high heat and reduce the heat halfway through the firing.
- Use your favorite hamburger bun and condiment.Et voilà! Fresh Hamburger Style
- Prepare (shape) 24 small meatballs with the ground beef.
- Heat the oil in a high pan; drizzle the garlic; add the meatballs and brown them.
- In a bowl combine and stir the cornstarch, the brown sugar, the salt, the soy sauce, the vinegar and the beef broth.Pour over the meatballs and heat (medium) till the mix thickens.
- Serve with your favorite rice or vegetables.
If you prefer, replace the rice with partially cooked pasta.
- Prepare (shape) small meatballs (15 to 20) with the ground beef.
- In a pan, heat the oil; add the meatballs and brown them.
- Add the onion and the sliced mushrooms; sauté over low heat; incorporate the flour, the parsley, the salt and the pepper.
- In a bowl, mix the English sauce with the mushroom cream; pour over the meatballs and bring to boiling.
- In the other bowl, mix the rice with the beef broth.
- Back to your pan, put all the meatballs on the side creating a hole in the middle.Pour the rice mix in the center; bring the mix to boiling; cover; and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Voilà! You can serve your dish now.
Fast and easy, this dinner recipe with ground beef will please everyone. This simple recipe also contains oatmeal that brings fibers to your diet.
- Preheat the oven to 375º F (190º C)
- In a big bowl mix the ground beef, the oatmeal, the onion and the seasoning.
- In another bowl mix the egg, the milk and the English sauce, then mix into your first mix.Be wild! Mix it with your hands just like I love to do (wash and rinse your hands before and after).
- Pour in a meatloaf pan set or in a mold 9 x 5 inches (22 X 12 cm) and bake 1 hour in the oven.Serve with your favorite gravy or sauce and vegetables.
All you need is a few current ingredients, dosed as required, to make original tasty hamburgers.
- In a big bowl mix the ground beef, the egg, the English sauce; the instant onion soup and the garlic; add pepper.
- Sear over high heat and reduce the heat halfway through the firing.
- Use your favorite hamburger bun and condiment.
Prep time 20m
Cook Time 35m
Enhance the flavor of this dish by seasoning the meat with Italian spices. To offer a more nourishing meal, for the big workers or the college students, add a layer of cooked rice (2 cups) between the meat and the spinach.
Another variance for that recipe is to add 1 cup of your favorite grated cheese instead of the rice.
- Preheat the oven to 425º F (220º C).
- Line half of the puff pastry in a pie plate.
- In a pan, heat the oil; brown the meat and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown the onion, the mushrooms and the garlic. Add the meat; sprinkle with parsley and set aside.
- In another skillet, heat the oil (1 tbsp) and sizzle the spinach.
- Start by adding the meat in the pie crust; then the spinach; add 2 cups of rice or 1 cup of grated cheese (optional), and cover with the other half of the puff pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes then reduce the oven heat to 350° F (175°C) and bake for another 15 minutes.
Easy Stuffed Peppers – Recipe
Bell pepper is also known as sweet pepper or pepper. Peppers are produced in different colors, including red, yellow, orange, green, chocolate/brown, vanilla/white, and purple. Choose the color you want for this recipe.
Your recipe will be crisper if you use fresh peppers. Bell peppers are very sensitive to an abundance of moisture and excessive temperatures.
- Preheat the oven to 350º F (175º C)
- In a pan heat the oil and brown your ground beef.
- Add the rice, the onion, the garlic, the tomatoes, the English sauce, salt and pepper and let your recipe simmer for 10 minutes.
- Incorporate ¾ cup of cheddar cheese.
- Remove one-third (1/3) of the pepper from the top or sideway (original); scoop out and salt.Remove all the seeds and as much white as possible from the interior of the pepper (hard to digest).
- Fill with your meat mix and bake for 25 minutes.
- Three minutes before the end of the baking, add the rest of the cheese and broil under the grill for a few minutes.Watch them carefully! Don’t let your nice peppers burn! 🙂
- If you have some bacon slices left and feel a little «wild»! Put half a slice of bacon on top of the pepper before baking.
Serves 4 Portions
Prep time 15m
Cook Time 15m
- First methodIn a big bowl mix the ground beef, the egg and the English sauce; add salt and pepper. Then incorporate the vegetables and mix.Prepare 4 patties.Sear over high heat and reduce the heat halfway through the firing.
- Second methodIn a big bowl mix the ground beef, the egg and the English sauce; add salt and pepper.Make 8 thin patties (2 thin patties will make 1 portion).Place the vegetables between two thin patties and seal.Sear over high heat on both sides and reduce the heat halfway through the firing.