These are crunchy on the edges and soft and gooey in the middle. Once you’ve tried these chocolate chip cookies, you’ll never want to make any other recipe ever again. So if you would like to learn how to make these then let’s get started.
You May Also Love this chocolate chip cookie recipe without butter
- brown sugar and regular sugar
- baking soda
- chocolate chips
- Nuts, dried fruit, and white chocolate
- The first ingredient for these cookies is butter. You’ll need to use room temperature butter as we will be creaming it with sugar. Measure out the butter and add it to a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- To the butter, add two types of sugar. Brown sugar and regular sugar. You need to use both types of sugar to get the best results for your cookies as they both work in different ways. Brown sugar contains molasses so it makes the cookies really gooey in the center and adds caramel type flavor, whereas the regular sugar creates a crunchy edge to the cookies. Measure out the sugars and add to the same mixing bowl as the butter.
- You can use a stand mixer, or just a wooden spoon here to cream the butter and sugars together. If your butter is at room temperature this should only take a few minutes. You want everything to be well incorporated and for the mixture to be quite light.
- Next crack in one good quality free range egg, and add a splash of good quality vanilla extract. The vanilla really helps to round out the flavors and pairs really well with the chocolate. Mix the ingredients together until well combined.
- Measure out a cup of flour and add to the mixing bowl. For this recipe, we are using baking soda as the raising agent. From my experience with making chocolate chip cookies, you can add baking soda, baking powder or a little of each. All three options have different outcomes. Baking soda produces more flat spread out cookies like the ones in for this recipe.
- Baking powder produces more of a puffed up rounded cookie, and a mixture of both produces a cookie somewhere in between. It’s completely up to you what you use. Add it to the mixing bowl and mix the ingredients together until just combined.
- Once you can’t see any more flour it’s time to add some chocolate chips. I am using some dark chocolate chips here but the possibilities of what you can add to these cookies are endless.
- Nuts, dried fruit, white chocolate. Anything goes. Add to the mixing bowl and fold the cookie dough together until everything is well combined.
This cookie dough is now ready to be baked but if you want to keep it for later you can store it in the fridge for up to three days or in the freezer for a few months.
TIPS Chocolate Chip Cookie:
- Roll your cookies out and place them on a baking sheet topped with baking paper. To do this we are using an ice-cream scoop. It works really well at making all of the cookies the same size, and it’s just easier than using a spoon.
- Make sure to give the cookies some room around them as they will spread as they bake. Place them into ad celsius or f preheated oven for about – minutes.
- The cookies are done when the edges start to brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and leave them to cool on the baking tray for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack.These cookies will stay fresh in a container for up to days, but of course, they are best
eaten straight out of the oven.
Return from Chocolate Macaroons to Chocolate Cookies
Return to Cookie Recipes
See Also: Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes
100% Natural and Super Delicious Cookie Recipes: