Chicken stew and biscuits recipe works for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Follow this recipe to make 8 servings. Its level of difficulty is medium with 30 minutes of preparing time and 45 minutes of cooking time. Well, hope you like it.
• Whole chicken breasts bone, skin on: 3 or 6 split
• Olive oil: 3 tablespoons
• Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
• Preferably homemade chicken stock: 5 cups
• Chicken bouillon cubes: 2
• Unsalted butter: 12 tablespoons or 1 ½ sticks
• Chopped yellow onions: 2 cups or 2 onions
• Heavy cream: ¼ cup
• Flour: ¾ cup
• Medium-diced carrots: 2 cups, blanched in 2 minutes.
• Frozen peas: 2 cups or 1 10-ounce package
• Frozen small whole onions: 1 ½ cups
• Minced fresh parsley: ½ cup
• Flour: 2 cups
• Baking powder: 1 tablespoon
• Kosher salt: 1 teaspoon
• Sugar: 1 teaspoon
• Cold unsalted butter and diced: ¼ pound or 1 stick
• Half-and-half: ¾ cup
• Chopped fresh parsley: ½ cup
• 1 egg and mix with 1 tablespoon of water for egg wash.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. On sheet pan, place chicken breasts. Use olive oil to rub and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast in 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside until cool. Remove meat from bones and discard skin. In large dice, cut the chicken to get 4 to 6 cups of diced chicken.
3. Use small saucepan to heat chicken stock. Dissolve the bouillon cubes. Take large pot or Dutch oven to melt butter over medium-low heat to sauté onions in 10 to 15 minutes. Add flour to stir in 2 minutes. Add hot chicken stock to sauce and simmer for 1 more minute until thick. Add salt 2 teaspoons, pepper ½ teaspoon and heavy cream. Add cubed chicken, onions, peas, carrots and parsley to mix. On a sheet pan with parchment or wax paper, place the baking dish and bake for 15 minutes.
4. Use a bowl of electric mixer with paddle attachment to combine flour, salt, sugar and baking powder. Add butter and mix. Add half-and-half. Mix in parsley and handle the dough to make biscuits. Cut the dough.
5. Remove stew from oven and place biscuits on top of filling. Use egg wash to brush and bake for 20 to 30 minutes to make brown biscuits and the stew should be bubbly for chicken stew and biscuits recipe.
This Recipes courtesy of ina garten
Read Also Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings Recipe