Chicken crock pot recipes can be very tricky. But, if you follow instructions for preparation, you will probably make delicious and healthy meal for whole family. If you are beginner, and you just bought new crock pot appliance, don’t make experiments yet. Follow exact amount of all ingredients for every single recipe, because if you skip an ingredient or you add something which is not on a list, chicken can be ruined and you will be disappointed.
Chicken is very healthy and is often found on the table of every average family. However, the preparation of the similar dishes over and over again can be boring and tiring, and members of your family may be disappointed if you don’t offer anything new. For this reason, buying a quality crock pot is a must if you want to add something tasty, new and delicious in your family’s menu.
Crock pot is an appliance similar to slow cooker. In fact, crock pot is a type of slow cooker, but slow cooker is not a crock pot. Nevertheless, this two products are almost identical, although there are small differences between them. Crock pot can be very handy if you like to cook, but you are too busy to stay for hours in the kitchen.
Chicken can be prepared in countless ways. The remains of the chicken prepared in a crock pot can be used for homemade soup or chicken salad. In this way, along with main course dish, you will get a delicious appetizer.
Whole Chicken Crock Pot Recipe
You don’t have time to cut and slice chicken into pieces? Whole chicken crock pot recipe is excellent choice. Time of preparation is twenty three hours including refrigeration over night. If you don’t have an opportunity, you can skip this step. Additional tip – you will need six quart crock pot because chicken would not fit in smaller one. Or, you can buy a smaller chicken instead
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 whole chicken, large or small,
- 1 teaspoon onion, powdered,
- 1 teaspoon white pepper,
- 1 teaspoon thyme,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 2 teaspoons paprika,
- 2 teaspoon salt.
Mix all the spices in small bowl and clean chicken. Rub spices on the chicken both from the inside and outside. Put chicken in a plastic bag and leave it in a fridge for twelve hours. Skip this step if you don’t have enough time. Add onion in a crock pot and transfer chicken into crock pot too. Cook for four to eight hours. You can add sliced tomatoes instead of onion on the bottom of your crock pot. Chicken will get so tender and it tastes so good.
Best thing about this recipe is – you can experiment any way you want – you can add wine or veggies, you can even use leftovers for chicken salad, it is all up to you and your creativity. Also, when meal is prepared, you can add bones and veggies to make a stock.
Crock Pot Chicken corn chowder
Chicken corn chowder is very tasty dish, and you can prepare it in your crock pot. You will need approximately five to six hours, and this is a recipe for six servings.
Ingredients you’ll need are:
- 1 and a half lbs chicken tenders, cut into small pieces,
- 2 onions, chopped, small,
- 2 celery, sliced,
- 2 tablespoon margarine or butter, as you wish,
- 2 carrots, sliced,
- 2 cups corn, frozen,
- 2 cans potato soup, creamed,
- 1 teaspoon dill weed,
- 1 cup chicken broth.
- Melt margarine or butter in skillet, and transfer chicken into it until is brown. Transfer chicken into your crock pot and add all ingredients – dill weed, corn, chicken broth, carrots, celery and onions.
- Cover and cook for five or six hours until is done. Veggies need to be soft.
In the last ten minutes, add half and half and stir.
Crock Pot Chicken and Biscuits recipe
Try delicious Chicken and Biscuits recipe for free and share it with your friends! You can make this meal by following instructions.
Chicken and biscuits recipe is a recipe which is maybe not suitable for everyone, but if you love to try new things, you can give it a try!
You will need:
- two cans chicken soup cream,
- two and a half pound chicken breast,
- two tablespoon margarine or butter,
- one cup carrots, diced,
- one cup peas, frozen,
- one onion, minced,
- 3/4 cup water or chicken broth,
- two packages biscuit dough, refrigerated.
- Put chicken breast into to crock pot, on the bottom. Add onion, soup, veggies and margarine on top of the chicken. Pour water or chicken broth over this mixture and cover chicken completely. If it’s not covered, add more liquid.
- Cover crock pot and turn on high temperature for five to six hours.
- One hour before serving, remove cover and shred chicken to pieces.
- Split or cut biscuit from refrigerator into several pieces and place it into the crock pot over mixture.
- Cook for another hour until biscuits are done completely.
If you want to serve properly, use spoon to extract chicken and biscuits on the plates.
Pulled chicken Sandwich Crockpot
Pulled chicken is awesome solution for hot summer day. You can prepare it in a slow cooker or a crock pot very easily, and here is an instruction for preparation .
First, place onion into crock pot. Use a skillet and turn it on at high temperature. Add oil and heat it up. Add half of chicken breast, and cook for three and a half minutes. Add chicken over slices of onion and do it one more time for other half of chicken breast. Mix all ingredients with ketchup and pour over chicken. Cook on low temperature for four hours. Sauce must be thick. Extract chicken from crock pot and combine with sauce. Place chicken between two slices of bread and you are done.
- 2 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- three cups onion, sliced
- one tablespoon mustard
- one teaspoon cumin
- two tablespoons molasses
- two tablespoons vinegar
- one teaspoon garlic, powdered
- half a teaspoon onion, powdered
- hot sauce
- one cup ketchup
- bread of any kind.
100 % Healthy Chicken Crock Pot Recipes
And Also Read : Toaster Oven Chicken Recipes