Cantaloupe Smoothie: Canteloupe Blueberry Banana Smoothie!
My cantaloupe smoothie combines wonderfully with fresh blueberries and banana. I make all my healthy smoothie recipes out of my own kitchen using nothing but ripe delicious fruits:
Try my cantaloupe smoothie for breakfast or for an afternoon snack on a dreary winter day. It will lift your spirits. Beautiful fruits always lift my spirits!
I invented this particular smoothie because so few healthy smoothie recipes incorporate melon. This is their loss, because melons are insanely delicious! The fragrant, juicy cantaloupe is easy to find in grocery stores and is available all year long.
Cantaloupe Blueberry Banana Smoothie:
You can substitute the cantaloupe in this recipe with any other melon you like, and I like them ALL, especially the succulent green honeydew!
Cantaloupe Smoothie Ingredients:
Don’t these fruits look amazing? Is your mouth watering yet? 😉
You will need:
- 3 cups of cantaloupe (with skin removed & cut into bite size pieces – see picture above)
- 1 cup of blueberries (fresh not frozen!)
- 2 frozen bananas (simply peel and stick in your freezer before you go to bed at night. In the morning, voila! Make sure the bananas are fully ripened with lots of brown spots before you freeze them).
- First, put the cantaloupe chunks and the cup of fresh blueberries into your blender. Blend until smooth. DO NOT ADD WATER OR ANYTHING ELSE! You may have to stop the blender, remove the pitcher from the base and give it a good shake a couple of times if the cantaloupe chunks become stuck.
- Last, you will add the frozen bananas and blend until very smooth. There should be no chunks!
- Pop in a straw and it’s ready to drink!
Super Easy Cantaloupe Blueberry Smoothie
Here, you will find the super easy recipe for the smoothie lover. As ingredients, prepare :
- a cup of fresh blueberries
- 5 cups of cubed cantaloupe
- 1 cup of yogurt (vanilla flavored would be great)
- 1 cup of nonfat milk and 1.5 teaspoon of vanilla.
The next step is taking your blender from the cupboard, set your favorite glass, a plate of cookies or whatever yummy in your taste. Fill the blender container with all the ingredients and get it on. Then, blend it until mixed well and looks creamy. Finally, pour the delicious smoothie into your glass. Serving it in cold would even more refreshing.
Practical Cantaloupe Smoothie Recipe
The recipe has simple ingredients.
- They are 1 large slice of ripe cantaloupe (do not forget to remove the rind)
- 1 cup of strawberry
- 1 cup of spinach
- ½ cup of water and ½ cup of ice cubes.
The directions are also simple. First, simply blend all the ingredients with your blender for about 30 seconds until it smooth and creamy. Then, pour into the glass and enjoy it. As a note, you could substitute water with milk or yogurt for more flavors.
You could also remove the spinach from the ingredients list if you don’t like it. Orange juice or other fruits could also be used as substitute of strawberries for different flavors.
Healthy Watermelon Cantaloupe Smoothie
The simplest of all, this recipe needs you to prepare :
- 3 cups of diced watermelon (please choose fresh watermelon)
- 1 cup of fresh ripe cantaloupe
- and ½ part of lime (squeezes it and takes the juice). As an option, you could also add the ingredient with 5 fresh mint leaves and ½ teaspoon of ginger as flavor enhancer.
Put all the ingredients into blender container, and blend it at high speed for around 30 seconds until you get the smooth and creamy texture. Pour it into your glass and give a little garnish with a slice of watermelon. Serve and enjoy your healthy and nutritious drink.
Sweet and Creamy Banana Cantaloupe
The ingredients for this smoothie recipe are :
- 2 bananas (froze it whole for an hour or so)
- ½ cup of chopped ripe cantaloupe (remove the seeds and diced it)
- 1 cup of milk and 4 teaspoons of honey.
Now, we go to another step. Remove the bananas from the fridge to warm it up slightly, then peel and cut them. Next, blend all the ingredients with your blender or food processor.
Blend it around 45 seconds at high speed until you get the thick and creamy texture. Serve it with a chilled glass and garnish it with chunks of cantaloupe for nicer presentation. Enjoy your creamy and refreshing drink!
Super Fresh Cantaloupe Strawberry Smoothie
Here, we have refreshing and healthy smoothie recipe. As ingredients, we need :
- 1 cup of chopped ripe cantaloupe
- ½ cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup of frozen cranberry juice concentrate
- 1 ½ cup of chilled milk and 1 cup of ice cubes.
Next step, prepare your favorite blender or food processor then blend the fruits and juice concentrate until it smooth for about 30 seconds. Then, add milk and blend it again for another 30 seconds until it looks thick and creamy.
Lastly, pour the smoothie into your glass, serve and enjoy it immediately. As all other smoothies, you should drink it immediately to retain the freshness and the nutrition.
For other fabulous healthy recipes like my Cantaloupe Smoothie, check out some of these treats (straight from my kitchen to yours!):
100% Healthy and Guilt-Free Desserts (that you can even have for breakfast!):
You Can Also Ready : How to make a smoothie without yogurt
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!