Basic chicken salad recipe: Try my Healthy & Easy Chicken Salad!
This basic chicken salad recipe is simple but delish! There are as many chicken salad recipes as there are chefs, and that’s because this is such a delicious and versatile dish that can be manipulated any number of ways. You can make it healthy or fatty, easy or complex, spicy or mild.
In my kitchen, it’s all about super healthy and super tasty!
Basic chicken salad recipe:
You will need:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 2 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise (try my homemade mayonnaise!)
- 2 tbsp finely diced fennel (only use the bulb, not the leaves)
- 1 stalk of celery, finely diced
- 1 tbsp finely diced onion
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 large soft tomato, diced
- 2 large handfuls of mesclun greens or chopped lettuce of your choice
- Place chicken, mayonnaise, fennel, celery, lemon juice and onion in a bowl and mix together thoroughly:
- In a separate salad bowl, place the mesclun greens or chopped lettuce
- Add the diced tomato and Add the chicken salad:
It’s ready to eat. Enjoy!
Suggested uses for this basic chicken salad recipe:
Because this is such a versatile dish, if you’re not feeling a crispy green salad today, try layering it on some toasted whole grain bread.
Chicken salad recipes are a fabulous lunch. Make it ahead of time and take it work with you – it’ll be easy to say no when your coworkers suggest ordering gready takeout food!
You’ll love the rest of my healthy salad recipes.
Don’t miss my Easy Homemade Chicken Soup:
Or this yummy Homemade Egg Salad:
Speaking of healthy eating, did you know it’s entirely possible to enjoy 100% guilt-free desserts that are actually GOOD FOR YOU? It’s true!
Like my 100% Healthy Chocolate Mousse:
And my Fat Free Banana Ice Cream:
To see all my healthy and guilt-free dessert recipes, click here.
If you like my basic chicken salad recipe, you’ll LOVE these other easy healthy recipes! Click on the pictures below to link to my collection of salads, soups, desserts, green smoothies, lunch ideas and snacks: all 100% healthy and delicious!
Healthy and simple dessert recipes:
Easy Fruit Smoothie Recipes:
What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!