My banana smoothie recipe is quick and easy and is the perfect breakfast on-to-go when you’re in a rush and just want something healthy but tasty so you can get out the door.You won’t believe how creamy and satisfying it is!
I often find myself craving this Banana Smoothie for breakfast soon after I wake up. It’s just so creamy and satisfying!
On this page your going to learn how to make a banana smoothie. Your already under 5 minutes (plus a blender) away from drinking one of these delicious smoothies. After inviting two bananas and some milk/yoghurt to jump into the blender together, the result is a magical banana smoothie. Read on to learn the secret recipe behind how I make the best banana smoothie in the world.
As your about to find out, this banana smoothie recipe is presented to you in two different ways. If your a visual reader, then take a look at the infographic below. However, if your a person who likes to read text then simple visit the tutorial beneath the infographic further down this page.
So, enough chit-chat, now your going to learn how to make this amazing banana smoothie!
How to make a banana smoothie at Home
You May ALso Read How to make a smoothie without Blender
Written Tutorial :
This banana smoothie is the perfect way to brighten up your day as it tastes scrumptious yet is low in calories and fat. Therefore, if your trying to lose weight, then defiantly consider drinking this smoothie. Click here to learn more about how to lose weight with smoothies. Here is how you make it step-by-step. However, firstly you need the following ingredients:
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of low fat milk or vanilla yoghurt (fat free)
- 3 ice cubes
As there are so few ingredients involved in creating this smoothie, it is really quick, simple and easy to make!
- Firstly, you need to take your bananas and chop them each into at least four pieces. Then place them in the blender.
- Next add you milk or yoghurt and place that into the blender too.
- Now you need to blend until you have a smooth liquid in the blender.
- Next add your ice and blend that into the smoothie. The ice will cool down the smoothie making it much more refreshing.
Once your banana smoothie is is ready, pour it out into two glasses and enjoy this delicious beverage. This smoothie tastes best when drunk immediately as the smoothie is cold and retains it refreshing touch.
If you wan’t to boost your smoothie to make it even more nutritious than it already is, the consider adding any of these into the blender too!
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon maca
- 1 cup spinach, kale, or other leafy plant
These extras are what makes your smoothie stand out. If your looking to lose weight with your smoothies, then I highly recommend that you add one cup of a leafy green.
Why is the banana smoothie so good for you?
I’m sure you just came here to learn how to make a banana smoothie, however, if you stick around, I’ll tell you exactly why this smoothie is so healthy!
- It maintains a healthy heart – bananas are a fantastic way to maintain a healthy heart as they are great for your cardiovascular health. The banana itself contains potassium which reduces the high blood presser and the chance of a stroke.
- The banana also contains fiber which helps prevent things such as diarrhoea. (Okay, I’ll stop here, I don’t wan’t to put you off your banana smoothie!)
- This, of course, goes without saying, but banana smoothies are packed full of vitamins and minerals which are obviously good for you
The milk and yoghurt will also add extra nutritional value to your smoothie making it just that bit more healthy and that bit more tasty!
Banana Smoothie Recipe (V2) – Simple and Delicious!
Another delicious is my yummy Banana Almond Smoothie:
You’re going to pinch yourself (seriously!) when you see how easy my Simple Banana Smoothie is to make.
Banana Smoothie Recipe Ingredients:
Yep, you got it! The only ingredient is bananas. This recipe takes about three minutes to make.
- 3 room temperature RIPE bananas (look for the brown spots! They should look like the picture above)
- 2 frozen bananas (simply peel and stick in your freezer before you go to bed at night. In the morning, voila!)
- First, peel the room-temperature bananas, break them in half, and put them in your blender. DO NOT ADD WATER OR ANYTHING ELSE! Blend until smooth.
- Last, you will add the frozen bananas and blend until very smooth.
- Pop in a straw and it’s ready to drink!
Do you know a ripe banana from an unripe banana?
This is an UNRIPE BANANA:
Now, this sweet delicious beauty is a RIPE BANANA, and is what you want yours to look like before you ever eat it:
How To Present Your Banana Smoothie
I always get asked “what is the best way to present my smoothie?” Well, I thought that i would tackle this question now.
If you have friends or family coming over and you wan’t to make a delicious smoothie, then you need to present it at its best. I highly recommend that you do a couple of things in order to make that smoothie look just that bit more special.
1. Use The Banana As A Decoration.
If you grab another banana and chop off a couple of little slices, you can then place those slices on a toothpick and balance the tooth pick over the smoothie as shown in this image.
This is relatively easy to do but it looks very professional and will be sure to impress your guests.
Another little trick you can do is to remove the toothpick (leaving the banana slices) and then literally placing the banana slices on top of the smoothie. As the banana slices are less dense than the smoothie, they will float.
The great thing about the above presentations are that they only take a couple of seconds to do, but may the smoothie look way better!
2. Use A Banana Slice On The Side Of The Glass
This is the more ‘classic’ presentation of a smoothie. You simply cut a slice of banana and then place in onto the side of the glass, as
shown in this photo.
Whilst I really like this presentation, it’s a little cliche, which is why I tend to stick with the two presentations shown above this one.
However, I think that adding any decoration (like this one) to your smoothie, makes it look a million times better than it would do if it were just presented in a plane glass.
Of course, you should not limit yourself to just bananas on the side of your glass. You should defiantly try adding other fruit (such as apple, watermelon, strawberries etc).
- Calories 230;
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 10 mg;
- Sodium 60 mg;
- Potassium 710 mg;
- Total Carbohydrates 47 g;
- Dietary Fiber 6 g;
- Total Sugars 27 g;
- Protein 6 g.
- Percent Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin B6 25%; Vitamin C 60%; Vitamin D 10%; Calcium 15%, Iron 4%.
This is easily one of my favourite smoothies due to its nutritional value, and well… tastiness! However, it is also great for those of you who are looking to lose weight. If you wan’t to find out more about how to lose weight with smoothies, then checkout my lose weight page.
Eating fruit only when it’s ripe is super important for us healthy eaters because only then are the flavors and the vitamins “unlocked.” Remember: eating unripe fruit = indigestion + gas + bland flavor!
Unripe bananas taste and smell starchy, have little flavor and are hard to peel. Ripe bananas smell and taste sweet and they peel easily.
dont forget to read this delicious watermelon smoothie
Or this healthy peach smoothie
I hope you really enjoy this smoothie, and as always, happy blending!
For more Best Blender To Make Smoothies
100% Natural and Super Healthy Breakfast Smoothie Recipes:
|What do you think?
I welcome your thoughts and insights. Please leave a comment at the bottom of this page. If you like what what you’re reading, recommend it to others on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
You’re currently visiting Aspenspecialtyfoods.com read my story of how I found pristine health following a healthy eating lifestyle!