This banana smoothie is the perfect way to brighten up your day as it tastes scrumptious yet is low in calories and fat. Therefore, if you’re trying to lose weight, then defiantly consider drinking this smoothie.My banana smoothie recipe is quick and easy and is the perfect breakfast on-to-go when you’re in a rush and just want something healthy but tasty so you can get out the door.You won’t believe how creamy and satisfying it is!.This is the simplest of all my fruit smoothie recipes, but it’s also one of my personal favorites.
I often find myself craving this Banana Smoothie for breakfast soon after I wake up. It’s just so creamy and satisfying!
On this page, you’re going to learn how to make a banana smoothie. Your already under 5 minutes (plus a blender) away from drinking one of these delicious smoothies. After inviting two bananas and some milk/yogurt to jump into the blender together, the result is a magical banana smoothie. Read on to learn the secret recipe behind how I make the best banana smoothie in the world.
As your about to find out, this banana smoothie recipe is presented to you in two different ways. If you are a visual reader, then take a look at the infographic below. However, if you’re a person who likes to read the text then simply visit the tutorial beneath the infographic further down this page.
So, enough chit-chat, now you’re going to learn how to make this amazing banana smoothie!
How to make a banana smoothie at Home
You May Also Read How to make a smoothie without Blender
Click here to learn more about how to lose weight with smoothies. Here is how you make it step-by-step. However, firstly you need the following ingredients:
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of low-fat milk or vanilla yogurt (fat-free)
- 3 ice cubes
As there are so few ingredients involved in creating this smoothie, it is really quick, simple and easy to make!
- Firstly, you need to take your bananas and chop them each into at least four pieces. Then place them in the blender.
- Next, add you milk or yogurt and place that into the blender too.
- Now you need to blend until you have a smooth liquid in the blender.
- Next, add your ice and blend that into the smoothie. The ice will cool down the smoothie making it much more refreshing.
Once your banana smoothie is is ready, pour it out into two glasses and enjoy this delicious beverage. This smoothie tastes best when drunk immediately as the smoothie is cold and retains it the refreshing touch.
If you want to boost your smoothie to make it even more nutritious than it already is, the consider adding any of these into the blender too!
- 1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon maca
- 1 cup spinach, kale, or another leafy plant
These extras are what makes your smoothie stand out. If you’re looking to lose weight with your smoothies, then I highly recommend that you add one cup of a leafy green.
Why is the banana smoothie so good for you?
I’m sure you just came here to learn how to make a banana smoothie, however, if you stick around, I’ll tell you exactly why this smoothie is so healthy!
- It maintains a healthy heart – bananas are a fantastic way to maintain a healthy heart as they are great for your cardiovascular health. The banana itself contains potassium which reduces the high blood presser and the chance of a stroke.
- The banana also contains fiber which helps prevent things such as diarrhea. (Okay, I’ll stop here, I don’t want to put you off your banana smoothie!)
- This, of course, goes without saying, but banana smoothies are packed full of vitamins and minerals which are obviously good for you
The milk and yogurt will also add extra nutritional value to your smoothie making it just that bit more healthy and that bit tastier!
Banana Smoothie Recipe (V2) – Simple and Delicious!
Don’t miss my complete page of banana recipes! Some of my greatest healthy creations (like my frozen banana ice cream) are banana recipes because they are one of the most delicious fruits we’ve got. Let’s all eat more bananas!
You’re going to pinch yourself (seriously!) when you see how easy my Simple Banana Smoothie is to make.
Banana Smoothie Recipe Ingredients:
Yep, you got it! The only ingredient is bananas. This recipe takes about three minutes to make.
- 3 room temperature RIPE bananas (look for the brown spots! They should look like the picture above)
- 2 frozen bananas (simply peel and stick in your freezer before you go to bed at night. In the morning, voila!)
- First, peel the room-temperature bananas, break them in half, and put them in your blender. DO NOT ADD WATER OR ANYTHING ELSE! Blend until smooth.
- Last, you will add the frozen bananas and blend until very smooth.
- Pop in a straw and it’s ready to drink!
Do you know a ripe banana from an unripe banana?
This is an UNRIPE BANANA:
Now, this sweet delicious beauty is a RIPE BANANA, and is what you want yours to look like before you ever eat it:
How To Present Your Banana Smoothie
I always get asked, “what is the best way to present my smoothie?” Well, I thought that I would tackle this question now.
If you have friends or family coming over and you want to make a delicious smoothie, then you need to present it at its best. I highly recommend that you do a couple of things in order to make that smoothie look just that bit more special.
1. Use The Banana As A Decoration.
If you grab another banana and chop off a couple of little slices, you can then place those slices on a toothpick and balance the toothpick over the smoothie as shown in this image.
This is relatively easy to do but it looks very professional and will be sure to impress your guests.
Another little trick you can do is to remove the toothpick (leaving the banana slices) and then literally placing the banana slices on top of the smoothie. As the banana slices are less dense than the smoothie, they will float.
The great thing about the above presentations are that they only take a couple of seconds to do, but may the smoothie look way better!
2. Use A Banana Slice On The Side Of The Glass
This is the more ‘classic’ presentation of a smoothie. You simply cut a slice of banana and then place in onto the side of the glass, as
shown in this photo.
Whilst I really like this presentation, it’s a little cliche, which is why I tend to stick with the two presentations shown above this one.
However, I think that adding any decoration (like this one) to your smoothie, makes it look a million times better than it would do if it were just presented in a plane glass.
Of course, you should not limit yourself to just bananas on the side of your glass. You should defiantly try adding other fruit (such as apple, watermelon, strawberries etc).
This is easily one of my favorite smoothies due to its nutritional value, and well… tastiness! However, it is also great for those of you who are looking to lose weight. If you want to find out more about how to lose weight with smoothies, then check out my lose weight page.
Eating fruit only when it’s ripe is super important for us healthy eaters because only then are the flavors and the vitamins “unlocked.” Remember: eating unripe fruit = indigestion + gas + bland flavor!
See the health facts of banana: banana health facts: are bananas fattening?
Unripe bananas taste and smell starchy, have little flavor and are hard to peel. Ripe bananas smell and taste sweet and they peel easily.
don’t forget to read this delicious watermelon smoothie
Or this healthy peach smoothie
I hope you really enjoy this smoothie, and as always, happy blending!
If you like this banana smoothie recipe, then you’ll love these other healthy recipes! Click on any picture below to link to my collection of delicious and easy fruit smoothie recipes, as well as my homemade healthy desserts (all 100% good for you!).