You have some ripe bananas sitting on the counter and no one is eating them. You don’t want to throw them out. So what do you do? Make Banana Cookies of course! This Banana Cookie Recipe is a tasty way of using those neglected bananas. Our kids will attest to that.
Banana Cookie Recipe
The traditional recipe doesn’t call for chocolate chips, but you can add 1/2 to 1 cup of chips or dried fruit such as raisins or dried cranberries.
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 cup of mashed bananas (about 2 ½ large bananas)
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 cups of flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1 cup of pecans
- If you are going to bake two sheets of Banana Cookies at a time, then arrange the racks in your oven to divide it into thirds. For baking with one sheet at a time, put one of the oven racks in the center of the oven.
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl, mix the Mashed Bananas and Baking Soda and let sit for at least 2 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine Flour, Salt and Spices; whisk together to mix. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine Butter and Granulated Sugar; cream together until mixture appears light and fluffy. Stop to scrape down sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as you go along.
- Add Egg and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Mix the banana mixture from step #3 into the butter mixture from step #5.
- Add flour mixture from step #4 into the Banana – Butter mixture.
- Stir in Pecans and Chocolate Chips if you are using them.
- Drop by rounded tablespoon 1 inch apart onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or just until cookies are golden brown. If you are baking with two sheets at a time, switch baking pans from top to bottom racks halfway through the cooking time. If you are baking with one sheet at a time then rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time. This will ensure that the cookies cook more evenly.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Banana Oatmeal Cookies for Breakfast
Cookies for breakfast ,absolutely if they’re these protein and fiber pack banana oat breakfast cookies.They’re a great option as in easy fast-break this recipe.
- a cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- a half a cup mashed banana
- peanut butter
How to make it :
- To start Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- lightly coat to cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray in a large bowl with a half a cup mashed banana and have a cuppa chunky natural unsalted unsweetened peanut butter or you can use regular peanut butter if you prefer .
- Then at half a cup of honey and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, stir to combine.
- Next in a mixing bowl with one couple rolled votes at a half cup whole wheat flour a quarter cup of nonfat dry milk powder ,2 teaspoons ground cinnamon and a quarter teaspoon baking soda and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture and stern until they are well incorporated now stir in 1 cup dried
cranberries or raisins using a quarter cup measure drop mounds and the Dell three inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Now depicted in metal or plastic spatula and water and spread out each mounted doubt into it two and three quarter inch round half an inch thick cookie ,continue flattening the remaining dipping the spatula in between is necessary big one she dipped cookies at a time until brown it will take about 40 to 60 minutes per sheet.
Once paid move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely the cookies will keep in an airtight container for three days or you can freeze them for up to two months so you have a healthy delicious breakfast close at hand.
Honey Banana Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
For these delicious cookies we need the ingredients :
- 2 manky bananas,
- 150 g of plain flour,
- 200 g of oats,
- 100 g of butter or margarine,
- a third of a cup or about 5 tablespoons of honey,
- an egg,
- a teaspoon of baking powder,
- a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and half a teaspoon of ginger.
How to make it :
- Peel and put the bananas in a bowl and mash them well.Once you’ve got this lovely goop,
- Add in the honey. Then mix together.Then add in the butter or margarine and get well creamed.
- Once it is reasonably smooth, add in a spoon of the flour, break in the egg and beat!
- Once the egg’s beaten in, we can sieve in the baking powder, ginger, cinnamon and the flour.Then beat.
- The last thing to do is mix in the oats.
- Preheat the oven 180 degrees,Blob some cookie mixture on this sheet.Press it out a little bit ’cause they don’t flow like normal cookies.Bake these in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Oh yeah! That’s what I’m talking about.Leave these to cool for about 5 minutes before removing them from the tray.
These cookies are lower in fat and sugar than your average cookie and they’re only about a 100 calories each which isn’t bad.Hmm… It is Delicious!
Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies
Return from Banana Cookie Recipe to Drop Cookies
Return to Cookie Recipes